So the problem with taking off so much blog time is that all kinds of things happen, and then you don’t know where to start…
Since I last posted, Mix lost Ray Bear and closed after hobbling along a few more painful weeks, and idiotic comments about Bear and fine dining (or “dinning”, as one feisty blogger wrote) abounded.
I did the photo shoot for my soup book with the photographically gifted Scott Munn, and I’m even more exciting about the release next spring.
I had a fabulous evening with a couple of friends, during which I finally opened up a bottle of very, very old balsamic vinegar I got in Italy. Bellisimo!
Knives, my knives, how I’ve neglected them…now, thanks to a local knife sharpening fanatic, they are sharp and happy.
And although I’ve always been diplomatic with regards to other food critics, some recent goings-on have led me to wonder about the state of restaurant reviewing in Halifax.
What the hell has happened to Food Network Canada? How many shows about warring bakers can there be?
And what to do when Fabulous Fishcakes becomes Sustainable and Scrumptious Fishcakes?
More to come on these and other foods for thought in the days ahead.
Tagsbalsamic vinegar baltimore beer bicycle thief bistro blue crab canadian cuisine chains chinese chocolate chowder cocoa pesto comfort food cookbook critics dessert diners dinner party downtown restaurant dusseldorf elements on hollis fid food ads food network food network canada france germany haiku italy jagermeister knife knives lobster local NaPoWriMo nimbus peter nowlan pork recipe soup tasting menu thursdays top chef canada whacky doo wine
- Eat:getaway lamb chops Drink: Strongbow Listen: Figgy Duff #rootsareshowing @meatmongers http://t.co/4BPK1OAVcw 1 day ago
- Eat: tin beans drink: India beer listen: damp wood whistling in fire #may24 #NL camping memories #alwayscold 1 day ago
- “@HighlandDrive: Tuesday means the start to the week and many meat/treats!!!” Mmm...meat treats... 1 day ago
- “@FidKitchen: News blast: FID will be serving Back Door Pad Thai only between 12:00 and 5:00 from tomorrow till Friday. #lastchance! 1 day ago
- “@HighlandDrive: Sausages are flying off the shelf!! " nothing beats flying sausages! #deliciousness 4 days ago
Looking for something in particular?